Not that kindness needs a season, but since Summer is here in all its blazing glory, we thought that this would be the best time to share some summer-y little acts of kindness that you could do to make sure everyone around you is smiling that sunny smile!
- Carry a bottle of water with you. This way you can have a refreshing shot of H2O yourself and share it with someone who looks like he or she is in need of a quick gulp.
- Give a small bottle of water to a hawker, a street vendor, cleaner, a beggar, a friend or a foe!
- Carry an umbrella with you to shelter yourself and a random person walking your way – either from the sun or from the unexpected showers that Bangalore is blessed with.
- Smile that happy, non-creepy smile while you walk, so that those who see you may smile too.
- Keep a bowl or trough of water in an area frequented by animals so that they may quench their thirst. Remember, summer is the same for all creatures, be it Homo Sapien or Canis Lupis Familiaris. Don’t forget about the birds as well!
- Don your chef hat and whip up a delicious concoction of lime, water, sugar and salt! Serve a glass of chilled Lemonade to your parents when they come home after a hard day’s work. If they prefer a hot beverage, you know what to do.
- Make paper fans out of old newspapers or recycled paper and hand them out to people in bus-stands.
- When you visit a restaurant, write a little note of appreciation directed towards the waiter who has served you; make sure he gets a hold of it.
- If you’re travelling by bus, or the Metro and it seems too crowded, give up your seat. Let someone else have it for a day.
- If someone hands you a pamphlet, take it from them with a smile; don’t just ignore and walk away. They have probably been standing out in the sun for hours. Better yet, share that bottle of water with them.
- Buy a wallet-friendly burger and a soft-drink for a poor person on the street
- If you owe someone an apology, it’s time to apologize. And hug it out!
- Plant a sapling. Or two. Or ten.
- Strike a conversation with that neighbor who you haven’t spoken to yet.
- Pick up litter as you walk, and dispose of it in the nearest garbage can. People will take notice and they’ll do the same.
Well, here you go! 15 little ideas from the top of our heads, to make this summer that much more special!
Make this summer the best chapter in your story.
– Little More Love